Collect and Export Code Signing Certificate Using Mac OS Keychain Access
Modified on: Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 12:24 PM
Collecting the Certificate
- Collect the certificate in any browser.
- If Chrome is used, the file may be DER and should be converted to PEM before it is imported into Keychain.
- Import the certificate into Keychain through File > Import Items.
- In the Destination Keychain pop-up menu, choose the keychain you want to import to (should be the same one containing the private key i.e. Login), then click Open.
- You may encounter an error message stating the certificate could not be imported. This is usually a false error and the certificate is correctly imported.
- Locate the imported certificate and its matching key. Highlight both items by pressing Command when clicking on each one.
- Click File on top toolbar and select Export Items.
- Save the new file with an easily recognizable name and make sure the format is set to Personal Information Exchange (.p12). You may be required to set a new password on this file.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.